Question about making checks to members (not reimbursements)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eduardomendivil

Question about making checks to members (not reimbursements)

Post by eduardomendivil »

Is it correct to make a check for a member in charge of an activity in case he (she) is not able to pay for the items by himself (herself)? (and getting the receipts afterwards).
A few years ago, when in a different ward, I needed to buy something for an activity but I didn't have any extra money, so I remember I had to go to the store I was buying the items at, requested a quote for what I needed, took it to the ward clerk and finally got a check payable to the store for the amount quoted (exaclty what I needed to spend). After getting the items I turned the receipt to the clerk and that was it.

Which is correct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Question about making checks to members (not reimbursements)

Post by russellhltn »

As I understand it, either way is acceptable. But I'm not finding much in the way of information explaining how to do an advance.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eduardomendivil

Re: Question about making checks to members (not reimbursements)

Post by eduardomendivil »

Found the answer here:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=23456

It looks like any way is correct, however, I think just making the check to the member is way easier.

Thank you.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”