Error in Checking / NSF

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
sisterholm1

Error in Checking / NSF

Post by sisterholm1 »

I made an error in my checking account and when my donation was submitted for processing it was returned for NSF. Will it be resubmitted? Can I still make online donations? :?: Thank You
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Error in Checking / NSF

Post by lajackson »

sisterholm1 wrote:I made an error in my checking account and when my donation was submitted for processing it was returned for NSF. Will it be resubmitted? Can I still make online donations?
Once you are notified that the donation was not processed due to NSF, it normally will not be resubmitted.

And yes, you should still be able to make online donations. Make sure everything is in place with sufficient funds, etc., and then try again in a day or two.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

sisterholm1 wrote:I made an error in my checking account and when my donation was submitted for processing it was returned for NSF. Will it be resubmitted? Can I still make online donations? :?: Thank You
The donation will not be resubmitted automatically. You are still able to make Online Donations. You will just need to submit a new donation once you have sufficient funds to cover the donation.
lentemtc

Post by lentemtc »

My tithing was also returned for NSF after it took a week for the church to actually ping my bank account for it. It's an error, however, and I have been watching my account like a hawk to make sure I kept the money in there knowing it takes forever for tithing to go through. What recourse do I have to recoup my $29?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lentemtc wrote:My tithing was also returned for NSF after it took a week for the church to actually ping my bank account for it. It's an error, however, and I have been watching my account like a hawk to make sure I kept the money in there knowing it takes forever for tithing to go through. What recourse do I have to recoup my $29?
If the money was in the account and available, speak with your bank. Ask them why they did not honor the ACH request when funds were available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lentemtc wrote:What recourse do I have to recoup my $29?
Who is charging you $29? It sounds like you're saying that the money never got pulled from your account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

russellhltn wrote:
lentemtc wrote:What recourse do I have to recoup my $29?
Who is charging you $29? It sounds like you're saying that the money never got pulled from your account.
It sounds like the bank charged $29 for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF). In this case, it seems the issue is on the bank side and the issue must be taken up with them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SparkyMartin wrote:It sounds like the bank charged $29 for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF). In this case, it seems the issue is on the bank side and the issue must be taken up with them.
That's one interpretation. But I'm not sure if the poster is saying that the donation was canceled but the money was removed anyway.

For the first case, a possibility is that some funds had a "hold" on it. Typically due to a deposit check needing to clear, or a ATM deposit needing to be verified. So, while there is a sufficient balance, there may not be enough that isn't on hold to cover a withdrawal. But that would be an issue with the member's bank, not the church's process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Who is charging you $29?
$29 is the most common fee charged for NSF items by banks in the U.S.

Return to “Online Donations”