Annotation removal

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brofisher

Annotation removal

Post by brofisher »

We have a member that had a note added to his record about 12 years ago. He says he may or may not have had disciplinary action at the time. (Older gentleman). The stake president has asked that the annotation be removed from his record. Can I as stake clerk do this or do i need to get a hold of Salt Lake? Any direction with this would be helpful.
Thanks so much for all your expertise.

Mike
eblood66

Re: Annotation removal

Post by eblood66 »

According to Handbook 1 section 6.13.4 (at the very end) an annotation can only be removed with First Presidency approval at the request of the stake president. I've never dealt with that personally but I would assume the stake president will have to submit the request to the Office of the First Presidency. I'm not sure if the online application to the first presidency in LCR is general enough to handle that or if the stake president will need to write a physical letter.
brofisher

Post by brofisher »

thank you
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The stake president can make the request using Leader and Clerk Resources. To start the process, the stake president should log into Leader and Clerk Resources and click on the Membership menu. The item he needs is located there.

The stake clerk does not have access to this function.
brofisher

Post by brofisher »

perfect thanks

Return to “Membership Help”