member moved into member family

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dillonlexington

member moved into member family

Post by dillonlexington »

I have a brother who moved out of our Ward boundaries for work. We transferred his records to new Ward where he was residing. He has moved back into the Ward (I think pushed by former Ward) now he is showing as a separate family. How can I merge him as the HoH with his wife who is also listed as an HoH when he moved out.
eblood66

Re: member moved into member family

Post by eblood66 »

In LCR, find the wife's record, click on the Household tab, and then click on the Add Household Members button. Find the husband and confirm the add. It should make him the HofH once he's been added back.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: member moved into member family

Post by jdlessley »

eblood66 wrote:In LCR, find the wife's record, click on the Household tab, and then click on the Add Household Members button. Find the husband and confirm the add. It should make him the HofH once he's been added back.
I'm not certain but I think this will add the husband to the wife's household but will not make him the head of household. He will show up under 'Other Household Members'. In the past when I've done this the wife needed to be added to the husband's household for the husband to show as the head of household. This may have changed, but if not, and what ebloo66 suggested does not work try my suggestion.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”