Nonmember on lists

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
greggo

Nonmember on lists

Post by greggo »

I had a request that I resolved in a sort of non-conventional way, and I'd like to post the information to see if anyone else has a better/more appropriate method.

We have a nonmember YW (not a child of record) who regularly attends meetings/activities. Her mother is an active member, but her father won't allow her to get baptized. The YW pres asked if we could add her name to MLS so that she shows up on YW lists/rolls.

I originally tried adding her as a non-member, but MLS doesn't allow addition of birth date info, so she didn't show up in the YW lists. I also couldn't add her manually to YW members The way I resolved it was by adding her as an out of unit member (with an asterisk by her name to indicate to the YW pres'y that she was not actually a member).

I know this is not what an out of unit member record is designed for, but it works (but of course her name still does not appear on the LUWS). Does someone know a better way of handling?
LR422-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LR422-p40 »

You can add a non-member to the rolls by going to the specific organization and selecting "Add Member." This will allow their names to show on Class rolls. However, you will need to update the non-members record at the end of the year to the new class they will be attending. This is done by going to the class they are currently assigned to and clicking remove next to their name. Next you would go to their new class and select" Add Member" and select their name again.
greggo

Post by greggo »

LR422 wrote:You can add a non-member to the rolls by going to the specific organization and selecting "Add Member." This will allow their names to show on Class rolls. However, you will need to update the non-members record at the end of the year to the new class they will be attending. This is done by going to the class they are currently assigned to and clicking remove next to their name. Next you would go to their new class and select" Add Member" and select their name again.

That works fine for a SS class, but MLS will not allow you to add nonmembers to a YW class.

Return to “Membership Help”