printing list of unbaptized kids 9-18 and part member families

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dswren

printing list of unbaptized kids 9-18 and part member families

Post by dswren »

My Ward Council needs a report on the children in my unit that are 9-18yo and unbaptized and a list of part-member families. I have been racking my brain for weeks. please help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: printing list of unbaptized kids 9-18 and part member families

Post by russellhltn »

I hope you haven't been racking your brains for weeks, because it would have been far faster to to compile the list by hand. While it's a lot of miserable grunt work, it can probably be done in a couple of hours.

I'm not sure what's available on LCR, but with MLS custom reports, you should be able to do this.

This link will take you to a pre-made custom report for part member families.

Creating another report of unbaptized shouldn't be hard. I'm pretty sure it's also found as a standard action report as well.

But, keep in mind that the report will only be as accurate as the MLS data. You won't see part-member families where the marriage was never recorded on the membership record. (Perhaps because the member is inactive.) And for the unbaptized, you won't see any one listed who never had a child-of-record created for them. (And once they reach the age of 8, it's too late to create one.)

So, to get a complete and accurate list, you're going to need to the Priesthood Quorums and Relief Society to check with the HT/VT families to see if anyone got overlooked.

P.S. I removed the duplicate post you made. Making the same post in multiple sections if frowned upon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

As Russell said, the MLS custom report will generate a list of part-member families if and only if all marriages and divorces and spouses have been recorded in MLS.

LCR shows "Members of Record Age 9 or Older" in Unit Statistics, and provides a link to generate a report:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/report/unit ... 9_OR_OLDER
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Veronia29

Post by Veronia29 »

what is MLS?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Veronia29 wrote:what is MLS?
Member and Leader Services. It runs on the administrative computer in the clerk's office. Almost all MLS functions are now done at LCR, Leader and Clerk Resources, which is online at the Church servers.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

As your Ward Council is actively engaged in this effort, I would suggest that an additional goal be added to the Council's work: updating membership records. I know from experience that more often than not, efforts like yours can generate contact points and new information, but unless leaders are committed to updating records, any new information is likely lost and future efforts are yet again hampered by the lack of accurate info in LCR/MLS.

I've been in many Council meetings where somebody would say "we should ask Sister so-and-so, she used to be the RS President and would know what this inactive sister's husband's name is", etc. How much better if info like that, was entered into the records when we find it!

Return to “Membership Help”