Member showing in HP Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dshep2020

Member showing in HP Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught

Post by dshep2020 »

I am trying to determine if what I am seeing in LCR is expected or a if a special circumstance.

I have a single brother who is listed as a Head of Household. By default he assigned to the HP group, but has been moved to the EQ (he has the ** designation when you look at his Member Information, Class Assignment tab). He shows up on the Member list of the EQ Organization. He shows up on the HP "Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught" report because he has no Home Teachers assigned.

Is this because his default quorum assignment is the HP group and therefore his HT assignment defaults there until the Elders assign him to a companionship? Seems kind of odd, but that is the only logic I can play out. Similar to a single sister that would be assigned to a the HP for home teaching but isn't a member of the EQ or HP class. Perhaps I am mistaken, but thought I would check to see if anyone could validate or correct my reasoning.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Member showing in HP Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught

Post by aebrown »

dshep2020 wrote:I am trying to determine if what I am seeing in LCR is expected or a if a special circumstance.

I have a single brother who is listed as a Head of Household. By default he assigned to the HP group, but has been moved to the EQ (he has the ** designation when you look at his Member Information, Class Assignment tab). He shows up on the Member list of the EQ Organization. He shows up on the HP "Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught" report because he has no Home Teachers assigned.

Is this because his default quorum assignment is the HP group and therefore his HT assignment defaults there until the Elders assign him to a companionship?
You didn't mention what priesthood this brother holds. From what you're saying, I'm guessing he is an adult who does not yet hold the Melchizedek Priesthood. In that case, his default quorum assignment is indeed the HP group, and so if he has no home teachers assigned, he will appear on the HP "Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught" report. That is the way it is designed. Once he has been assigned home teachers, he will appear on the HT reports for the responsible quorum.

This has been discussed many times on the forum. See, for example:
dshep2020

Re: Member showing in HP Households Not Assigned to be Home Taught

Post by dshep2020 »

Yes, he was baptized, but hasn't been ordained to any office in the priesthood. So that would make sense as to why he defaults to the HP for home teaching regardless of the quorum assignment. Thanks for the reply and subtle reminder that I should do a better job of searching the forum before posting!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”