Members that have moved to a Country without the gospel

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ryanjohnbartholomew

Members that have moved to a Country without the gospel

Post by ryanjohnbartholomew »

What should I do with a Membership Record when they have moved to a country that has no church unit established?
eblood66

Re: Members that have moved to a Country without the gospel

Post by eblood66 »

I think that there is usually a branch designated for those areas. Find the location in maps.lds.org and see whether it specifies a branch for that location. If so, I'd try contacting the branch president and asking him if it is correct and let him know the situation before sending the records. It looks like in other cases the maps will provide other contact information that can presumably be used to find out how to handle members in that area. If the maps don't provide any information then I'd contact the Global Service Center and see what they can tell you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Members that have moved to a Country without the gospel

Post by lajackson »

ryanjohnbartholomew wrote:What should I do with a Membership Record when they have moved to a country that has no church unit established?
Every country in the world is covered by at least one mission, or is supervised by Church Headquarters. Get a good address, and the Church will assign the record to the right place.

In these circumstances, it would not hurt to make the phone call eblood66 suggests, especially if the country is supervised from Headquarters. They will want to know any information you have about the member, especially if they are active.

The member who is moving can also call, and will be helped with information about which Church unit supervises the country, how to pay tithing, who to contact to renew a temple recommend, and any other support they may need from the Church.

Return to “Membership Help”