Membership Record Number

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Emmaalms

Membership Record Number

Post by Emmaalms »

I've just turned 12 and tried creating a lds account it worked but it said that I cannot access my ward because I'm not a member so I went to my account settings and clicked on membership record number I typed in my membership record number but it says it's already with another account so I tried to see if I accidentally typed in my email wrong but I did not and now I don't know how to get my membership record number to be with the account I created and I don't know if you can delete an account because if anyone knows how please let me know because if I can I would like to try to start over my account process and see if that would work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership Record Number

Post by russellhltn »

Emmaalms wrote:I typed in my membership record number but it says it's already with another account
I believe the message is "wrong or in use with another account". Unless you are looking at a computer printout, there's a possibility it's been written down wrong. MRNs have a check digit, so wrong numbers will typically be rejected out of hand.

The other thing you can try to "Forgot username" and use your MRN to recover it. Perhaps another account does exist.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”