Moving out record

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jslewis90

Moving out record

Post by jslewis90 »

Hi, I was wondering how to return a record my unit received to the sending unit where the record's address is bad. I filled out the form online but it told me that "you must answer yes to all questions" despite marking that my Bishop gave me the approval & assignment to do so.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Moving out record

Post by russellhltn »

In that particular case, you might want to use "special request" and explain what's wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Are you trying to send it to Address Unknown or to the previous ward? If you are sending it to Address Unknown then you need to try to go through all the steps before sending it there. However, if the address is bad and you have no other information about the individual then you should be able to go through the list quickly since you won't have the information needed for most of them.

If you are trying to send it to the previous ward you may still have a problem since you won't have their prior address. It is probably better to contact the clerk or bishop in the previous ward and ask them to pull the record back. That way they know why the record is coming back and you won't need the prior address.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

eblood66 wrote:If you are trying to send it to the previous ward you may still have a problem since you won't have their prior address. It is probably better to contact the clerk or bishop in the previous ward and ask them to pull the record back. That way they know why the record is coming back and you won't need the prior address.
By talking to the clerk of the other ward you might also be able to find out where they got that address – maybe it was just mistyped, for example, and they can check. Never send an "unverified" member to another ward without an explanation – it creates more work and may result in the record going around in circles.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”