If you could make pictures and videos 3D and hologram-capable for your Sunday lessons would you?

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
lomondview

If you could make pictures and videos 3D and hologram-capable for your Sunday lessons would you?

Post by lomondview »

I would.

Imagine your pics and vids like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y60mfBvXCj8

I think a free app that let users convert their pics and vids to this type of display woudl be more engaging for Primary students, YM/YW students, and adults - basically for those students who have a hard time focusing and concentrating for 3 hours (which is basically all of us).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: If you could make pictures and videos 3D and hologram-capable for your Sunday lessons would you?

Post by sbradshaw »

It's hard to see these types of holograms (especially to a degree of detail that would be needed for an effective visual aid) unless the lights are dimmed or turned off completely. I don't think it's quite there yet for in-classroom use.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lomondview

Re: If you could make pictures and videos 3D and hologram-capable for your Sunday lessons would you?

Post by lomondview »

Thank you, Bro Bradshaw. I think you're right.

Do you think there is, somewhere between Oculus Rift/Google Cardboard and a small inverted pyramid converting a youtube video to a hologram, some tech that woudl both enlarge and project (even if in reduced detail/pixels) hologram and 3D-converted images?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know enough about the current virtual reality or hologram technology to have any leads, unfortunately.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lomondview

Post by lomondview »

Thank you all so much for your help!
Last edited by aebrown on Sun May 22, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed question duplicated at https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155194#p155194

Return to “Emerging Technologies”