Officers Sustained - Why Deacons/Teachers/Priests presidencies sustained in Sacrament Meeting

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lorinlowe

Officers Sustained - Why Deacons/Teachers/Priests presidencies sustained in Sacrament Meeting

Post by lorinlowe »

I was reviewing our Officers Sustained form for ward conference and noticed that the Deacons, Teachers, and Priest presidencies/assistants are sustained during sacrament meeting by ward members. Why are these not in the for information only section and sustained in their quorums? In the chart of callings in Handbook 2 in section 19 it states that they are sustained by quorum members (not ward members). Is this a bug?
eblood66

Re: Officers Sustained - Why Deacons/Teachers/Priests presidencies sustained in Sacrament Meeting

Post by eblood66 »

I can't quote any handbook reference why but that's the way the form has been for as long as I can remember. I'm sure that it is intentional and approved at the highest levels.
lorinlowe

Re: Officers Sustained - Why Deacons/Teachers/Priests presidencies sustained in Sacrament Meeting

Post by lorinlowe »

Perhaps it has been a bug for so long that no one thought to raise it. How do we find out for certain?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lorinlowe wrote:Perhaps it has been a bug for so long that no one thought to raise it. How do we find out for certain?
The way to raise the issue is through your bishop and stake president, who will take the matter up his priesthood channel to the Presidency of the Seventy, and then probably the Quorum of the Twelve.

Personally, I do not believe it is a bug. But that is not a discussion for this forum, and there is certainly good logic behind your thinking of the way it might be.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

It is not a bug, but it is being changed. We recently received instructions to change the form so that Aaronic Priesthood quorum presidencies are sustained in quorum meeting. That change will be included with some visual improvements to the form that we already had in progress.
eblood66 wrote:approved at the highest levels
That is correct.
lorinlowe

Post by lorinlowe »

Good to know. Thanks!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”