Household Record shows adult children but MLS won't show individual record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
scalvin-p40

Household Record shows adult children but MLS won't show individual record

Post by scalvin-p40 »

Have a Household Record showing member's adult children with record number (this is who they reside with), but I cannot view or find the individual records for the same children in order to assign callings. How can I find the individual records?:confused:
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

scalvin wrote:Have a Household Record showing member's adult children with record number (this is who they reside with), but I cannot view or find the individual records for the same children in order to assign callings. How can I find the individual records?:confused:
Perhaps they have to be their own Head of Household? That wouldn't make sense for assigning callings though...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scalvin wrote:Have a Household Record showing member's adult children with record number (this is who they reside with), but I cannot view or find the individual records for the same children in order to assign callings. How can I find the individual records?:confused:
Maybe you have the record for the head of household, but not the actual records of the adult children. Have those records been requested?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you are looking at the Parent's records, you can see the children they have. That doesn't mean the children's records are in the ward.

If you do have the child's records, but you can't find/select it for a calling, it may be because the child doesn't qualify for that position. Perhaps they aren't old enough, hold the right priesthood, or are of the wrong gender. MLS follows the CHI, but doesn't always document the details.
scalvin-p40

Post by scalvin-p40 »

I will try requesting the adult children records...which I have done previously. I even received a confirmation on the report from "send/receive changes" showing one of the records has been moved into the ward from previous ward/residence. It's wierd...neither record appears in the individual record list even after request. I'll request each record again and see if they show.
Thanks for the replies.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to clarify, If you're looking at "Member Record" under "Children", then you are looking at the parent's records. If you are seeing them in "Household Record" under "Household Members", then they are in the ward.

Now, since these are adult children, it's possible they've been set up as the head of their own household. But you should still see their individual records.

Now, keep in mind that the parent's records are likely to list the child's maiden name while the individual record is going to show the married name (if married). In this age of hyphenated last names, sometimes even the guys take on a married name.

Return to “Membership Help”