viewing temple recommends

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jbuhl68

viewing temple recommends

Post by jbuhl68 »

Our Stake is planning a temple trip to which we would like to have each ward/branch Elders Quorum and High Priest Group leadership to make phone and/or email contact with all temple recommend holders. Since MLS User Access states: "This right (to view) should be limited to members of the bishopric or branch presidency or stake or district presidency, as well as clerks, assistant clerks, and assistant clerks over membership." (20 January 2016). It would seem that the list may not be printed and distributed to Elders' Quorum Presidencies and High Priest Group Leaderships. Have I misunderstood the meaning of the Access policy? Other thoughts on this topic?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: viewing temple recommends

Post by russellhltn »

Personally, I see a difference between access to accomplish a given goal (prepare for a temple trip) and access as standard operating procedure. The note in MLS is talking about SOP. Without looking at any manual, I'd run it by the Stake President on how he wants to handle it. Assuming he approves it, then have a list created for the HPG/EQ to work off of.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbuhl68

Re: viewing temple recommends

Post by jbuhl68 »

Your reply is appreciated. It addresses general privacy issues that the policy refers to while also providing access when needed in accomplishing the Work. Certainly getting approval from the stake president is an important step. Thank you for helping me think this through.

Return to “Membership Help”