how to a missionary as donor from your Ward?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
LarsMalungahu

how to a missionary as donor from your Ward?

Post by LarsMalungahu »

I have been recently called as the ward Clerk. I just went through viewing the donor informations and it appears that some of the Elders from a while back appears to be "Non-member" as Type in the "Add and Update donors" Category. Is it supposed to show up like that for Elders especially not from your own ward? and i want to know exactly how to add them properly as donors from our ward as they pay their fast offering every fast sunday.

Help please! :) I don't know if i have been taught the right way by the previous ward Clerk. Other than that i am fine with the rest about MLS and being a Clerk.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: how to a missionary as donor from your Ward?

Post by sbradshaw »

In the past it wasn't possible to associate a membership record number with a donor record for donors who aren't members of your ward, so they had to be recorded as non-members. Now, it is possible. Associating the donor record with the membership record allows the member (or missionary) to see their donations connected with their LDS Account at LDS.org/donations (in places where the tool is available).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm probably thinking of year-end declarations, but I thought there was a category for "member of another ward". But if the elder didn't write down his MRN on the donation slip, your options may be limited.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You're probably right. My experience with the finance side of clerking is limited.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

A new missionary transferred into our ward a couple weeks ago. He donated cash for fast offering, and he wrote his MRN on the donation slip. When I entered the donation, I entered Elder Smith and his MRN. A week later, I received a correction message that adjusted Elder Smith to his full name. I thought that was amazing.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
LarsMalungahu

Post by LarsMalungahu »

Thank you so much. This made things a bit clear to me on how to deal with this situation. Sorry that i didn't double check my question if it made things complicated for you.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”