Lost Donation Check

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Lost Donation Check

Post by Hilohi »

According to one of our ward members, the check she used to pay her tithing last Sunday (5/8/16) has not actually been deposited by the bank as of 5/12/16. I went to the bank where we deposit our ward donations this afternoon to see if I could get any information on that check, but, to make a long story short, I was unable to find out if that check had actually been deposited. I was able to confirm that the bank did receive our deposit (they had our deposit slip from last Sunday). When I asked what could have happened to that check, the person helping me out said sometimes checks get lost.

My question is: Is there a way to find out if this member's check was actually deposited into the Church's bank account? I took a look at LCR, and while I found the tithing information for last Sunday, I didn't see anything that confirmed that the amount that was counted was the actual amount that was deposited by the bank into the Church's bank account. Is there any Church resource that I can reference that confirms that the amount that was counted was the actual amount that was deposited into the Church's bank account? If I can confirm that the amounts match, I can let this member know that her check was actually deposited and perhaps it was an oversight on her part in thinking that the check wasn't actually deposited into the Church's bank account.
Hilohi

Re: Lost Donation Check

Post by Hilohi »

After trying to fix this situation on my own and getting nowhere, I finally called the Church (which was something I should have done from the start). If any of you find yourself in this situation, just call the Church. In addition to that being the correct procedure, it will save you a lot of time and effort.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Lost Donation Check

Post by sbradshaw »

Thanks for reporting back!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”