record number for unaccountable

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
philiplarochecampbell

record number for unaccountable

Post by philiplarochecampbell »

An unaccountable adult in our ward was given a child blessing. Now when I try to get a record number and go to MLS > ordinances > child blessing I get the error message "This child is older than 9 years old and must be entered using the Convert Baptism option." How can I get a record number for this adult so that they are part of their family in the records of the church? Thank you for helping with this.
eblood66

Re: record number for unaccountable

Post by eblood66 »

You're probably going to have to use the Special Request option in MLS (Membership > Records > Special Requests from the menu--I'd probably select the parent for the request) or call Local Unit Support. I'm not aware of any way to create a record for anyone 8 years or older except by baptism. But I assume CHQ can do it for an unaccountable adult child.
philiplarochecampbell

Re: record number for unaccountable

Post by philiplarochecampbell »

Thank you for the note. I called Local Unit Support. They were able to help. Thanks again!

Return to “Membership Help”