Priesthood Ordinance done but information missing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
krisburt

Priesthood Ordinance done but information missing

Post by krisburt »

I have a Brother in our stake who has been ordained a High Priest in 1996 but the details are missing (Who did it, etc). Does anyone know who to contact to get this information ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Priesthood Ordinance done but information missing

Post by russellhltn »

krisburt wrote:I have a Brother in our stake who has been ordained a High Priest in 1996 but the details are missing (Who did it, etc). Does anyone know who to contact to get this information ?
You're going to have to contact the unit where it was done and hope someone remembers. If it's not on his record, then CHQ doesn't have it. 1996 sounds about right for a time period when the church stopped recording "by whom" for every single ordinance/proxy work and then realized that they needed to keep doing that for priesthood ordinations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Priesthood Ordinance done but information missing

Post by lajackson »

krisburt wrote:I have a Brother in our stake who has been ordained a High Priest in 1996 but the details are missing (Who did it, etc).
The "who did it" is nice to know and, as russellhltn said, that information was not recorded during most of the 1990s. However, if the ordination itself is not showing on the membership record, you will want to refer to Handbook 1, 16.1.10 and take the necessary steps to get it recorded on his record.

Return to “Membership Help”