household visibility limit issue - unique to household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ctroxell

household visibility limit issue - unique to household

Post by ctroxell »

I am unable to change a member household visibility limit. The setting is currently "Stake" and any changes are ignored. I was able to change the individual household members' visibility limits but not the household visibility limit. This is not satisfactory because the household information would remain visible and the member has asked that the household visibility limit be set to "private." It appears to be issue related only to a particular household record. I have not experienced this issue with any other records in our ward that I am aware of. The member has also not been able to make any household visibility changes.
ctroxell

Re: household visibility limit issue - unique to household

Post by ctroxell »

I received the following post from LDSTech. Apparently this issue with Directory privacy settings is a known issue and is currently being resolved. Thanks to those who read my post.

"We currently have a bug in the Directory program surrounding the Privacy settings. If the Head of Household is a non-member we are seeing an issue with saving the setting. A fix has been created and we hope to have it released this week. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try toward the end of the week to reset the Privacy."
dwbrinton83

Post by dwbrinton83 »

Any update on this? I am the ward clerk and I believe I have just run into this same bug. Any other methods of changing the setting to 'private' in the meantime?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There was a directory update (circular photos, no "email all") that was pushed out and then rolled back. I'd guess that any fix might be waiting for that to all get resolved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ctroxell

Post by ctroxell »

The issue remains unresolved. I don't know with certainty if there was an unsuccessful update in an attempt to resolve this issue. I believe there was. The issue affects married sister members with nonmember spouses. Married male members with nonmember spouses do not appear to have the issue. Also, single members of either gender do not appear to have this issue. I have not received any other communication concerning this issue.
jwhatcott

Post by jwhatcott »

Any updates on this? I am still seeing this issue for part member families.

Return to “Membership Help”