Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kevindurr

Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Post by kevindurr »

Seeking help. A member is seeking a history of each ward she has belonged to over the previous 10 years. Anyone know of how I would be able to generate a print out for her?
eblood66

Re: Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Post by eblood66 »

I'm not aware of any way of doing this. It's possible that CHQ might have this information but I wouldn't count on it. I'm not sure why they would retain more than the last one or possibly two units. But you can try calling Local Unit Support and asking.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I believe the Membership Department will know where the record has been, but that is not an indication that the member has been in the same location as the record. I can think of a reason why a member would be trying to get addresses for the last 10 years. But I don't think membership record information is the best way to do it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I believe the Membership Department will know where the record has been, but that is not an indication that the member has been in the same location as the record.
Yes, records can sometimes take detours and scenic routes.

lajackson wrote:I can think of a reason why a member would be trying to get addresses for the last 10 years. But I don't think membership record information is the best way to do it.
As can I, but I suspect the request is being used to help jog/double-check the memory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I suspect the request is being used to help jog/double-check the memory.
We don't speak much any more about journals and histories and those types of things, do we? [smile]

Return to “Membership Help”