Android Gospel Library-Scriptures won't play audio

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
vickilouv

Android Gospel Library-Scriptures won't play audio

Post by vickilouv »

Does anyone know what to do when the audio play does not respond in Gospel Library? I have tried restart.

thanks
lmcguire

Re: Android Gospel Library-Scriptures won't play audio

Post by lmcguire »

Have you power-cycled the device? (Power off completely, not just turn off the screen, leave it of for at least 30 seconds, then turn it on and try again.)

Is it all audio, or just some? If some, which some? If all, I'm sure you haven't literally tried all of it, so please give us one or two examples of what you have tried (so we can try the same thing).

What's the make and model of your device? (in case someone else has the same device).

PS: You put this post in the "Help with tech.lds.org" forum, which is meant for help with that website. You may have better luck in the Android Gospel Library forum: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=102 Perhaps a moderator can move the thread.

Liz
draperc1

Post by draperc1 »

I just got a new android a month ago. It's a Samsung LG LTE and I can no longer listen to scripture or General Conference consistently. Meaning that at home right now I can listen to conference but not scriptures. The other day in my car I started to listen to scriptures on bluetooth, but after starting it then stopped and I couldn't get it to start again. I get the message "error trying to play audio". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with only temporary success.
hrtmn2

Post by hrtmn2 »

I get the same problem with my phone. I've uninstalled the app several times, power cycled the phone, and even bought a new device (LG G5) and I still can't stream audio or video while connected to the T-Mobile network. Everything works fine while using the app over Wi-Fi. I was concerned that maybe the BingeOn program from T-Mobile that is supposed to optimize audio/video content over the network was preventing me from streaming so I disabled the BingeOn service but I'm still experiencing the same problems.

Has anyone discovered a way to get it working again?
domanbj

Post by domanbj »

I'm having the same issue. It works give when I'm at home connected to Wi-Fi but won't work when I'm using cellular data. It used to work fine a month or so and i could enjoy listening to General Conference in the car, but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore. I've tried it on both my and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S3 to no avail. I'm very interested in a solution and wondering what changed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

domanbj wrote:It works give when I'm at home connected to Wi-Fi but won't work when I'm using cellular data.
Check your settings: Click on the three dots in the bottom right corner. Settings. Advanced Options. Allow mobile network use.

There's also a setting in Android itself that might be an issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
domanbj

Post by domanbj »

My settings allow mobile network use. What is even more interesting is that the audio works fine for October 2015 General Conference but not April 2016.
mhilton

Post by mhilton »

I also can't play audio or video from the gospel library app. I have a Galaxy S6 and T-Mobile account. Turning off Binge On also didn't help.
fvhn

Post by fvhn »

I used to listen to the Book of Mormon in Italian with text-to-speech option. Where can I find that in the new app? Hoping....
petersj1

Post by petersj1 »

I'm on the T-Mobile network. My audio playback worked just fine with the Verizon network but now it just skips through the chapters and does not play anything unless I'm connected to Wi-Fi. I have allow network streaming setting checked in the app but it still does not work unless I'm connected to wifi. I want to be able to listen to scriptures through the day but I'm not always able to have wifi. Someone please help me with this issue. I have the galaxy s7 with T-Mobile.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”