Product Enhancement Request

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
walchjc

Product Enhancement Request

Post by walchjc »

LCR Enhancement Request:

(1) Add a checkbox field to the member record called: "Currently Active?"

This checkbox would be available for Ward leaders to populate and maintain. This field should then be added to most LCR reports as a filterable parameter. With most reports, such as callings, temple recommends, etc., it would be very helpful for Ward leaders to filter down to a view of those that need the greatest focus. It doesn't mean that less-active members will be forgotten about and not ministered to -- that would still occur. It just gives Ward leaders the option of better data.

(2) Add a date field to the member record called: "Last Speaking Assignment." Also add a new report of all members by their last speaking assignment date (oldest to newest).

This date field would be available for Ward leaders to populate and maintain with a member's last speaking assignment in sacrament meeting. The report would be a tremendous aid for Ward leaders to understand who hasn't spoken recently.

Currently, Wards who want to see this information have to track it offline. However, that also means they have to maintain move-ins and move-outs offline as well. Accommodating this in the system of record would be a significant time savings for Ward leaders.
eblood66

Re: Product Enhancement Request

Post by eblood66 »

The decision makers for LCR and other tools do not read the forums. You can submit suggestions for LCR using the Feedback link at the bottom of any LCR page. Or, if your stake president feels strongly enough, he can talk to his area authority about them.

Personally, I really doubt that an Active/Less-Active indicator would be approved. A few years ago there was a letter which prohibited recording any form of 'do not contact' on a membership record. If we aren't supposed to record an explicit request to avoid contact, it seems that marking Active/Less Active would be even less likely to be allowed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Personally, I really doubt that an Active/Less-Active indicator would be approved. A few years ago there was a letter which prohibited recording any form of 'do not contact' on a membership record. If we aren't supposed to record an explicit request to avoid contact, it seems that marking Active/Less Active would be even less likely to be allowed.
Ditto. I think legal would have a coronary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The Church is careful not to "label" anyone. If they were ever to track activity, it would probably be done with verbs instead of adjectives. For example, filtering by who hasn't attended for a while (would require attendance tracking), who hasn't participated in home/visiting teaching (would require teacher-based statistics), who hasn't advanced in the priesthood or received temple covenants, etc., instead of "this person is an inactive person." That said, as mentioned above, these kinds of things can lead to legal troubles and members who feel they are being ostracized or judged.

Sacrament meeting speaking is probably a lot more feasible from a legal/sensitivity perspective – I haven't heard any plans for that kind of feature to be added, but it won't hurt to send feedback. It wouldn't hurt to send feedback about tracking activity more closely either, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about that.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

My ward uses the talent option to keep track of the "do not contact" members. So basically it's set and a report can be created from their "talent".
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
mwthomson

Post by mwthomson »

walchjc wrote:LCR Enhancement Request:
(2) Add a date field to the member record called: "Last Speaking Assignment." Also add a new report of all members by their last speaking assignment date (oldest to newest).

This date field would be available for Ward leaders to populate and maintain with a member's last speaking assignment in sacrament meeting. The report would be a tremendous aid for Ward leaders to understand who hasn't spoken recently.

Currently, Wards who want to see this information have to track it offline. However, that also means they have to maintain move-ins and move-outs offline as well. Accommodating this in the system of record would be a significant time savings for Ward leaders.
This would be a tremendous help! I'm currently assigned to keep track of speaking assignments and I just keep hitting brick walls with trying to get the data to marry up between my own spreadsheet and what's available on LCR. It's a huge pain.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”