Two Stakes, 3 wards, 1 Building

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
danielplaizier

Two Stakes, 3 wards, 1 Building

Post by danielplaizier »

I did a quick search of the forum and this seems possible to do based on other posts, just not sure how to go about getting it accomplished. I'm also new to this, so go gently ...

Our ward recently moved into another building that is in another stake. The two other wards that occupy this building use the building calendar to schedule all items/activities; great!

The issue:
- This building is not shown in our calendar, so currently it is a manual process of cordinating with the other two wards. I am assuming this is due to the fact that we are in another stake.

How can we go about accomplishing ...
1) getting the building schedule visible in the new wards calendar to enable us to schedule and populate items on the calendar. Reminder the new ward is in a different stake than the other two in the same building.
2) If/when we get access to the building calendar will the other two wards be able to at least the building is scheduled/occupied when we place items on the calendar?

Last question, and it may not be appropriate for this forum but the same issue arises when being able to view leadership contact information for the other two wards. Is it possible to have this shown as well?

Any help or direction you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Two Stakes, 3 Wards, 1 Building

Post by lajackson »

danielplaizier wrote:How can we go about accomplishing ...
1) getting the building schedule visible in the new wards calendar to enable us to schedule and populate items on the calendar. Reminder the new ward is in a different stake than the other two in the same building.
2) If/when we get access to the building calendar will the other two wards be able to at least the building is scheduled/occupied when we place items on the calendar?
Start by making sure that the FM Group has updated their master database to show that your ward is in the building.

I don't know if your stake admin will need to turn the building on for scheduling, but you will then be able to schedule. Your events will not schedule if one of the other two wards already has something in the calendar. If your ward puts an event on the calendar, the other two wards will not be able to schedule over it.

The other two wards will only see that the building is scheduled/occupied with an event, just as it is now for other units within your own stake and (former) building.[/quote]
danielplaizier wrote:Last question, and it may not be appropriate for this forum
It works better with one topic per post, so yes. Please hop over to the Directory subforum for the answer to your question.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I don't know if your stake admin will need to turn the building on for scheduling,
That only applies to the agent stake. I doubt if that's the case here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:I don't know if your stake admin will need to turn the building on for scheduling,
That only applies to the agent stake. I doubt if that's the case here.
Since the building is already scheduling, does that mean that the new ward just needs to get added in the database at the right location?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Since the building is already scheduling, does that mean that the new ward just needs to get added in the database at the right location?
I'd be surprised if it was otherwise.

As a work around, the agent stake can add the unit to the building. But the FM group still needs to update the database for maps and other things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Two Stakes, 3 wards, 1 Building

Post by sbradshaw »

danielplaizier wrote:How can we go about accomplishing ...
All you need to do is talk to a stake administrator in the stake that is responsible for the building (agent stake), and have him go to Calendar > Settings (gear) > Locations & Rooms. On the left he will see a list of buildings, and he can add your ward to the building you're meeting in.

After that, you should be able to fully schedule rooms in the building, see the building calendar, etc., as if you were a ward in your own stake's building.

This only affects your ability to schedule the building in the LDS.org Calendar; as mentioned above, it does not affect the address of your ward which will need to be updated elsewhere to show correctly in LDS.org Maps or other places.
Assigning units to locations in calendar.png
(341.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
danielplaizier

Post by danielplaizier »

Thank you for your help! We were able to get this setup.

Can anyone is the ward now schedule the building? How is this control gained or managed?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

danielplaizier wrote:Can anyone is the ward now schedule the building? How is this control gained or managed?
Creation of events on a calendar is restricted to those granted "Edit" privileges, either by calling or by name. So "anyone in the ward" cannot by default create events on a given calendar.

But to answer your real question -- yes, anyone who is a calendar editor should be able to create an event and reserve all or part of the meetinghouse.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

danielplaizier wrote:How is this control gained or managed?
Pretty much the way it was done before. Since I doubt if your stake is the agent stake for the building, the stake won't be able to control the building (specifying the rooms, setting up restrictions or have a building scheduler). But at the ward level, there is no difference. I would have people double-check that they are scheduling the right building as it may default to the old building.

Return to “Calendar”