editing activities on the calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
goodog

editing activities on the calendar

Post by goodog »

I am the scheduling person for our stake park and i am finding that once i enter an activity on the calendar the only option i have is to delete the activity. The stake clerk has verified that i have all the editing rights on the calendar but it still will not let me edit the activities. our Stake clerk told me to contact headquarters because he has no idea. any suggestions
gary
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: editing activities on the calendar

Post by russellhltn »

I've never seen where someone can add/delete but not edit. Have you tried a different computer or different browser? How are you trying to edit? And what calendar are you trying to edit? The location, or a ward/stake calendar that uses the location?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
goodog

Post by goodog »

I am trying to edit by using the edit detail & location next to the delete option. I click on the activity in the calendar which gives the two options but the edit option does nothing. The computer and browser makes no difference. This calendar is a ward/stake calendar. I have found that if i don't put it in a facility that i can edit till my harts content but as soon as i put a facility i am locked out.
docmagik

Post by docmagik »

I am having this same problem, as is our stake clerk. When we click "Edit event details and location" nothing happens, no matter what browser or computer we are using. The link DOES come up like we should be able to edit, but when we click the link nothing happens.

We're forced to delete the entry and make a new entry rather than edit.
goodog

Post by goodog »

That is the very problem i am having and it is a pain. if you don't have it wirten down you have to delete many times to get it correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you send me your Ward/Stake name via PM? The developers are asking.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
goodog

Post by goodog »

I don't know what PM? is sorry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

goodog wrote:I don't know what PM? is sorry
Private Message. It's in the upper right of the page - the link that probably says "(0 new messages)"

docmagik

Post by docmagik »

I don't know if this helps, but when the problem happens, the little pop up box isn't usually pointing at the date. It's usually pointing at somewhere in the upper right hand corner of the calendar.
eewaggoner

Post by eewaggoner »

Has a solution to this issue been found/discovered/invented? I am having same issue in some cases but it seems to only be where I pick certain facilities....

Return to “Calendar”