Can't add callings

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
elesel

Can't add callings

Post by elesel »

Has anyone else noticed that the Member Name or MRN box doesn't work right now? Consequently I can't enter any callings because I only get a this message:

Your search by name or MRN did not return any valid results, either because the information you entered is incorrect, or because the results are not allowed in this context. For someone serving from outside the ward or branch, please have a clerk add him or her as an out-of-unit member.

Neither searches by member name nor MRN work.

Technical details:
The call to https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/services/or ... te-by-name succeeds (200 response) but the JSON array returned is empty.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't add callings

Post by sbradshaw »

What calling are you trying to put the person into? Some callings have restrictions on who can fill them.
Also, is the member an out-of-unit member, a missionary, or something similar? Did you verify that the person's records are in your ward?
Another way to add a calling is by going to a member's profile, and adding the calling from there (Callings/Classes tab). Does that work?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
elesel

Post by elesel »

Thanks! I hadn't thought of that possibility. I was trying to add a prospective elder as an elders quorum secretary, which LCR wasn't allowing me to do, and rightly so. (HB2 7.3.3)
gibbonsaustinm1

Post by gibbonsaustinm1 »

It is highly likely the persons name is mispelled in some way. This was my problem in a similar situation. The name is not recognized.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”