Help, please. Account issue.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
LVM1015

Help, please. Account issue.

Post by LVM1015 »

Today I tried to set up a family tree on FamilySearch.com. Upon that attempt I was informed that I already have an LDS account. Recovered my user name and password but was asked for my LDS number... Not sure that I have or have ever had one. I was baptized LDS about 20+ years ago but have not attended/participated in many years and have no idea as to ward info or how I get the number.. or if I am still elligible for one. Actually, I do not ever recall setting up anything on this site nor having a number. Guidance and help would be appreciated. Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Help, please. Account issue.

Post by russellhltn »

First question, do you really need a number (MRN)? Since your goal seems to be family history, you can do quite a bit without one. However, certain features will not be available to you (like temple ordnance information).

If you do decide you want to add the membership number to your account, I think you're going to have to make yourself known to your ward to get it. To find out your ward, go to maps.lds.org and input your home address. The ward may have to request your records, but they should be able to get your MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LVM1015

Re: Help, please. Account issue.

Post by LVM1015 »

Thank you very much! I will reach out to them!

Return to “Church Account”