How do I find my notebook in the windows 8 app?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ebyers

How do I find my notebook in the windows 8 app?

Post by ebyers »

Perhaps a silly question, but where on earth is my notebook in the Win 8 app? On my ipad - no problem. On my Android phone, no problem. Win 8 app that I use on my desktop computer? I give up, can't find it.

Thanks-
rdtenney8

Re: How do I find my notebook in the windows 8 app?

Post by rdtenney8 »

You're right. I checked on the notes tab and tried to open my notebooks. It doesn't work.
The Journal tab is not working yet.
The Tags tab is working.
The notebooks tab is now working.
I am sure that the developers are working on this based on communication I have had with them.

This is no comfort, but they have lost function on the browser side as well (notes and tags are not accessible in my browser unless the entry is tied to a notebook).
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Gospel Library for Windows is still implementing the Notebooks features (keep in mind, we're a pretty young app compared to iOS and Android's versions) and will have them in the app in the near future. What you're seeing is placeholders because you've enabled Preview Features. Disabling Preview Features and closing and reopening the application will show you only features that are ready for use.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
ebyers

Post by ebyers »

I see. By the way I have seen the loss of functionality on the browser side - which is what I was using as my primary means of centralization. I have an ipad that I use at church, I use the windows app and then the web-site. Now that it is fritzing, I have to say I'm a bit concerned. I hope I don't lose anything.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Be sure to share your concerns with the LDS.org team by using the feedback link at the bottom of its content pages.
cmeltona

Post by cmeltona »

Has anything developed with the NoteBooks in the Windows App? I have been using Evernote for my PONDERIZE Notebook and would like to move it into my Android and Windows Gospel Library.
denniswinston

Post by denniswinston »

:shock: :)
denniswinston

Post by denniswinston »

how to find my notebook
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Notebooks can currently only be found using when Preview Features is enabled in the beta version. If you are using the beta with Preview Features enabled, they can be found in the Annotations pane.

Please keep in mind that the "Preview Features" toggle enables incomplete features, including Notebooks, so do not expect everything to work swimmingly.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”