Second Elder's Quorum

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Mr. M-p40

Second Elder's Quorum

Post by Mr. M-p40 »

I have looked through the forums. I am just curious if there is a fast and easy way to add a second Elders Quorum in MLS?

I am not talking about replacing a presidency, I am talking about adding an additional quorum. We have 115 elders and the stake is splitting it.

If anyone knows a shortcut, please reply.
Mr. M
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit me virtually anytime. ;)

http://www.mariohipol.com
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Mr. M wrote:I have looked through the forums. I am just curious if there is a fast and easy way to add a second Elders Quorum in MLS?

I am not talking about replacing a presidency, I am talking about adding an additional quorum. We have 115 elders and the stake is splitting it.

If anyone knows a shortcut, please reply.
It's fast and easy: just go to Organizations > Elders. Then on the bottom row of buttons you'll see a button labeled "Add Quorum". Click that button, confirm the adding of a quorum, and you'll then have an "Elders 2" quorum (and the original "Elders" quorum is now called "Elders 1"). Then under "Elders 2" in the Members section you can click "Add Members" and select which elders are to be in the second quorum. Each quorum also has its own list of leaders.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Mr. M-p40

Perfect!

Post by Mr. M-p40 »

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!
Mr. M
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit me virtually anytime. ;)

http://www.mariohipol.com
jzaugg

Post by jzaugg »

wish I had your troubles! lol were lucky to get 8 EQ on a Sunday!
Cking

Re: Second Elder's Quorum

Post by Cking »

We have the second quorum created in our system but we can't add a presidency to the second quorum. Please help.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Cking wrote:We have the second quorum created in our system but we can't add a presidency to the second quorum. Please help.
Are you using MLS or Leader and Clerk Resources (lcr.lds.org)? As of a few months ago, it isn't possible anymore to record callings in MLS. Instead, it needs to be done in Leader and Clerk Resources.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dan.b.petersen@gmail.com

Post by dan.b.petersen@gmail.com »

Once you create a second elders quorum, is there a way to set geographic boundaries so that the quorum members are automatically split into quorums based on address?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dan.b.petersen@gmail.com wrote:Once you create a second elders quorum, is there a way to set geographic boundaries so that the quorum members are automatically split into quorums based on address?
That would be nice. But, no. You have to manually manage who is in what quorum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rldavis

Post by rldavis »

Can anyone update me on how to add an additional elders quorum in LCR at this time?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rldavis wrote:Can anyone update me on how to add an additional elders quorum in LCR at this time?
In LCR, select Organizations > Elders Quorum from the menu. Then click the pencil icon next to the Elders Quorum header and select the Split Quorum option.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”