How long before Sat broadcast is avail for DL

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
qpaz

How long before Sat broadcast is avail for DL

Post by qpaz »

There is a Sat broadcast this Sunday at 5pm PST. Out last ward does not get out of their block till 5pm.

Our Stake Presidency want to "rebroadcast" it at 7pm local time for our stake..

Can some one confirm if it will be available for Download by 7pm or am I going to have to find a way to record it and replay it an hour later?

—------
Thanks, Patrick
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How long before Sat broadcast is avail for DL

Post by russellhltn »

Odd. I assume that you are talking about the YSA devotional. Usually there a rebroadcast 2 hours later which would be perfect for you, but the write-up doesn't list a rebroadcast time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
qpaz

Post by qpaz »

Yup, that's the one. A rebroadcast on Sat would be just fine as well.

In the information we received... It says

"Shortly after the live broadcast, a recording of the devotional will be archived on devotionals. lds. org. That recording may be streamed or downloaded at any time. For available languages and other details, see the broadcast schedule that accompanies this notice. Recordings in all approved languages will be available by Friday, May 6, 2016."

Shortly after is not defined anywhere.... Since I'm new I'm not sure what that time frame is. My stake presidency would like a confirmation tomorrow. So I'm doing but best to find that--- 2 weeks into my calling
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No, it's not you. That's new.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You may need to call the Global Service Center and see if they can find someone to answer your question.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
qpaz

Post by qpaz »

Ok I called GSC and after some research. They confirmed that the broadcast will NOT be guaranteed to be able to downloaded with in 2 hour after.
Good news
They did confirm that they will be rebroadcasting to again 2 hour later. Which works for me.

Thanks for your help and direction.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And thinks for the follow-up. I'm sure someone else can benefit from it.

Return to “Satellite”