How to Edit Family Name (Directory list)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tubaloth

How to Edit Family Name (Directory list)

Post by tubaloth »

Getting ready to print a Ward Directory.
We have a Husbands record in our ward, but the wife is in a different ward.

But from some reason, the family name is showing the Last name, then a comma, and the wife's first name.

I see this when I print the Directory, but also when I do an export, there is a column called family name. (shows last name, wife name)
I don't see a way for me to edit this in LCR, or in the Directory (where I see it is wrong). I can't seem to update Family name. Maybe I need to do this in MLS?

Any idea?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to Edit Family Name (Directory list)

Post by russellhltn »

I assume it's because they are separated. You need to contact CHQ to have them suppress the record. Unless something has been added, there's nothing you can do in MLS or LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: How to Edit Family Name (Directory list)

Post by scgallafent »

tubaloth wrote:I see this when I print the Directory, but also when I do an export, there is a column called family name. (shows last name, wife name)
I don't see a way for me to edit this in LCR, or in the Directory (where I see it is wrong). I can't seem to update Family name. Maybe I need to do this in MLS?
For now, the household name can only be edited in MLS.
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix broken quote tag

Return to “Membership Help”