Ward Mission Leader Reports access

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
richardcou

Ward Mission Leader Reports access

Post by richardcou »

Question: Do branch/ward mission leaders have access to the "reports" section on LDS tools? I have double checked his calling on lds.org, and he is categorized as the branch mission leader using the default leadership option, without making a customized calling. On my lds tools, he is also listed as branch mission leader. He has updated to the latest lds tools on the apple store and also sync'ed recently.

Are the reports on LDS tools restricted to certain members of the leadership, or is there a problem with his version of lds tools?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Ward Mission Leader Reports access

Post by sbradshaw »

Usually they try to keep permissions on Leader and Clerk Resources and the LDS Tools app in sync. Is he able to see any reports on Leader and Clerk Resources? On Leader and Clerk Resources, he won't be able to see all the reports a clerk or bishopric member sees, but he should have access to a few of the reports.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Usually they try to keep permissions on Leader and Clerk Resources and the LDS Tools app in sync. Is he able to see any reports on Leader and Clerk Resources?
Then the follow-up question: are any of those reports available in LDS Tools - at all. I'm not sure all reports are there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The Birthday List is an example of a report available both on Leader and Clerk Resources and in LDS Tools, that ward mission leaders have access to in Leader and Clerk Resources (I'm looking at the LCR beta access table, but I think that's correct for the current LCR as well).
richardcou

Post by richardcou »

sbradshaw wrote:Usually they try to keep permissions on Leader and Clerk Resources and the LDS Tools app in sync. Is he able to see any reports on Leader and Clerk Resources? On Leader and Clerk Resources, he won't be able to see all the reports a clerk or bishopric member sees, but he should have access to a few of the reports.
He is able to see some reports on lds.org, but not all that are accessible to a clerk or bishopric member. However, when he uses LDS tools, there is no "reports" section on the drop down menu at all
richardcou

Post by richardcou »

russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Usually they try to keep permissions on Leader and Clerk Resources and the LDS Tools app in sync. Is he able to see any reports on Leader and Clerk Resources?
Then the follow-up question: are any of those reports available in LDS Tools - at all. I'm not sure all reports are there.
The "reports" option on the drop down menu of his LDS tools is not visible at all.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The Reports option is definitely available to a Ward Mission Leader on the Android version of LDS Tools. It has 10 different reports (Action & Interview List, Birthday List, HT/VT, Move In/Out, Members with/without Callings, New Members, Unit Statistics).

So either there is some difference between permissions for a Branch Mission Leader and a Ward Mission Leader (which I doubt, but don't know), or a difference between Android and iOS versions of LDS Tools in this regard (again, that seems unlikely), or there is some other odd issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When we talk about LDS Tools, we're also talking about the API it uses to access the data. Permissions in LCR have been evolving, but I'm not sure as the API for LDS Tools has kept up. I suspect it's on a different development cycle and has to be coordinated with the different teams. It may not currently support the idea that some callings only have access to some reports.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:When we talk about LDS Tools, we're also talking about the API it uses to access the data. Permissions in LCR have been evolving, but I'm not sure as the API for LDS Tools has kept up. I suspect it's on a different development cycle and has to be coordinated with the different teams. It may not currently support the idea that some callings only have access to some reports.
The APIs used for LDS Tools certainly do support showing different reports for people with different callings. For example, my wife is in a Relief Society presidency, and she has access to Visiting Teaching reports, but not to Home Teaching reports. To a large extent, the APIs used for LDS Tools are the same ones used for LCR.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

How soon after he received his calling did he sync? You might have him sync a couple of times again, if he hasn't this past week. He may have tried syncing before LDS Tools knew what he should have access to.

Return to “Member Tools”