Does Assistant Ward Mission Leader Have Access to HT Info?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dhollowell

Does Assistant Ward Mission Leader Have Access to HT Info?

Post by dhollowell »

Assistant Ward Mission Leader was recently added as a "standard" calling and now has LCR access. Our sister missionaries just texted me and asked me who a certain family's home teachers were. When I looked up the family members on LCR, under Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers it said "unavailable". I looked up a couple other families - same thing. Does an Assistant Ward Mission Leader really not have access to families' home/visiting teachers?? I find that hard to believe.

Thanks for any help/advice,

Doug
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Does Assistant Ward Mission Leader Have Access to HT Info?

Post by scgallafent »

It looks like that is the case right now. We are verifying that the assistant ward mission leader should have access before this is fixed.
dhollowell

Post by dhollowell »

Thank you. It's disappointing, but I appreciate you confirming it for me.

Doug
CraigGWoods

Post by CraigGWoods »

So I am becoming a assistant ward mission leader do I get access to LCR and mls? I am a ward missionary right. I only have the process for the friends they are teacher.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

CraigGWoods wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:25 pm So I am becoming a assistant ward mission leader do I get access to LCR and mls? I am a ward missionary right. I only have the process for the friends they are teacher.
According to the access table the answer is no. There is no reason to have access to MLS since the membership information in that program is not functional, or not connected to the membership servers, and has been that way for a number of months.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

CraigGWoods wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:25 pm So I am becoming a assistant ward mission leader do I get access to LCR and mls? I am a ward missionary right. I only have the process for the friends they are teacher.
Requests for information regarding ministering assignments should be sent to the Ward Mission Leader as that individual has access.
CraigGWoods

What access does Assistant Ward mission leader have?

Post by CraigGWoods »

So I am going to be called as an Assistant Ward mission leader but on the access chart it doesn't show up at all?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Times like this I like to check the General Handbook to see what's expected.

I don't see any mention of an assistant to the Ward Mission Leader mentioned in the General Handbook at all. I'd think it would be in section 23.5. But looking at wards in my stake, I see "Assistant Ward Mission Leader" is a standard position.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”