Limited-Use Temple Recommends

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
benfrankyc

Limited-Use Temple Recommends

Post by benfrankyc »

I've mentioned elsewhere that we are trying to keep track of the 42 new members who were baptized in the last two years in our ward. One of the things that would help would be to track the expiration dates of limited-use recommends. As of now, we try (imperfectly) to track issue dates in a spreadsheet, but it would be a lot nicer to be able to track it in LCR somehow. I'm not sure the process by which full-use temple recommends are activated, but I would think that a very similar process could be arranged by which bishops (and possibly counselors) could activate limited-use recommends, and then the issue dates could tracked and stored.

Tracking these expiration dates would also help bishoprics track when a year has passed since new members had first received a temple recommend and that they may now be eligible to receive their own endowment.

I'm not sure if this forum is the best place to share this idea, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Limited-Use Temple Recommends

Post by lajackson »

benfrankyc wrote:One of the things that would help would be to track the expiration dates of limited-use recommends.
Regular recommends have barcoded serial numbers and that number is associated with the member who holds the recommend. Since limited-use recommends are not uniquely identified this way, it would be more difficult to track them online.
benfrankyc wrote:Tracking these expiration dates would also help bishoprics track when a year has passed since new members had first received a temple recommend and that they may now be eligible to receive their own endowment.
You might wish to suggest this through an LCR feedback link. This is something that also might be suggested by your stake president to his priesthood leaders. If they feel there is a real need and benefit, those who provide requirements to the developers may approve such a change.

Another possible way to keep track is a method I believe our bishopric uses. They review the recommend book regularly and can easily see who received a limited-use recommend a year ago.
JimGalvin

Post by JimGalvin »

How do you create a limited use recommend on line
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JimGalvin wrote:How do you create a limited use recommend on line
The process is in limited beta. Priesthood leaders in your area should receive instructions when the system goes live.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:
JimGalvin wrote:How do you create a limited use recommend on line
The process is in limited beta. Priesthood leaders in your area should receive instructions when the system goes live.
And they have now received those instructions. Please refer to the March 29, 2016, First Presidency Letter at the Official Communication Library.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

And they are now live! Under Reports > Temple Recommends in LCR.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Biggles wrote:And they are now live! Under Reports > Temple Recommends in LCR.
Also listed on the Membership menu in LCR:
Recommend for [temple] Baptisms
Recommend for Sealings
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

I was surprise to see that as a ward clerk I have access to Limited-Use Recommends. Do you think this is a bug, or is it meant to that clerks can help bishopric in printing these?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:I was surprise to see that as a ward clerk I have access to Limited-Use Recommends. Do you think this is a bug, or is it meant to that clerks can help bishopric in printing these?
Not a bug. In a letter from the First Presidency dated 29th March 2016 (See your Bishop), Ward clerks are one of several people who have access. The Recommend, although activated on printing, isn't valid until signed by both the Bishop and the member.
robrebecca

Post by robrebecca »

When a youth has lost his active limited use recommend, how can I print another? I don't see that option.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”