Calling remains after stake split

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dkarbuckle

Calling remains after stake split

Post by dkarbuckle »

Here's my second question today for all you LCR experts. Our stake recently split, and when adding a member to a new stake calling, I see that she is still listed with a stake calling from our former stake. As the stake executive secretary, I am unable to release her from the old stake calling. How can this be updated?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calling remains after stake split

Post by russellhltn »

Short of employee intervention, I think the other stake will have to release her.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

russellhltn -- Thanks for the quick reply. I'll see if the other stake can release her, even though her records are no longer in their stake.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I wonder how you can "see that she is still listed with a stake calling from our former stake".
I can't see any way you could know that. If her record has NOT been moved, then you can't see the calling in her membership record. If her record HAS been moved, then she should be automatically released from all callings.
Thanks
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:If her record HAS been moved, then she should be automatically released from all callings.
You'd think so, but she hasn't changed wards. It's just her ward that's moved to a different parent stake. So that's not going to trigger the usual process you get when changing wards. I'm guessing that process for stake splits hasn't been fully automated just yet. It probably doesn't happen often enough for it to have become a priority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

drepouille wrote:I wonder how you can "see that she is still listed with a stake calling from our former stake".
Out-of-unit callings are listed on a member's record.
russellhltn wrote:I'm guessing that process for stake splits hasn't been fully automated just yet. It probably doesn't happen often enough for it to have become a priority.
This process has been automated, but this stake split happened in early January. There were some issues with the process that were resolved recently.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

So how can this calling be deleted for this individual? I have contacted the clerk in the other stake, but haven't heard back from him yet.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

dkarbuckle wrote:So how can this calling be deleted for this individual? I have contacted the clerk in the other stake, but haven't heard back from him yet.
Contact the clerk in the other stake and have him remove the calling.

You may want to ask your bishops to make a list of members in their wards who are still listed as having callings in the old stake. Have them log into LCR and go to Organizations > Callings > Out-of-Unit Callings and look at the "Serving outside of Stake" section. That way you can give a complete list to the other stake and just do this once.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

scgallafent -- Thanks for the information. Since our stake was formed from three other stakes, I will have to contact all thee other stakes :( I have contacted one of them and he has successfully removed these out of unit callings. BTW, I can see these out-of-unit callings with LCR and now I just need to email the clerks from the other stakes.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”