Adding parents to an existing member's record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
vondinator

Adding parents to an existing member's record

Post by vondinator »

We have a new member (current age 34) who was baptized about 3 years ago. When his record was created, his parents were not entered. He is now going through the temple to receive his endowments. On the temple recommend for living ordinances, it asks for the parents. He had to give me their names because they were not in MLS. So, now I have his parents names (neither of them are members) and I thought it would be good to get them entered into MLS if ever needed in the future. However, in trying to edit his record, it will not allow the parents to be edited/entered. Is there a way to do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding parents to an existing member's record

Post by russellhltn »

I'm pretty sure there's a edit button somewhere. But if no one else can point you to the link, there's always Special Request.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Adding parents to an existing member's record

Post by eblood66 »

vondinator wrote:So, now I have his parents names (neither of them are members) and I thought it would be good to get them entered into MLS if ever needed in the future. However, in trying to edit his record, it will not allow the parents to be edited/entered. Is there a way to do this?
In MLS (not LCR), find the member's record (using Membership > Individual Record from the menu). Select the Parents tab (on the left hand side) and then click the 'Edit' link in the upper right hand corner of the box for the mother and/or father.

Return to “Membership Help”