Verification Code

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
leaidickerw

Verification Code

Post by leaidickerw »

My sons are trying to set up their own lds.org accounts for family history and it sent me the verification email with a code. We have typed the code in and it keeps telling us that it is not a valid code. Can you please help? Thank you!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Verification Code

Post by sbradshaw »

Most likely they need to have a unique email address – it could be throwing an error because the email address is associated with more than one account, so it looks at the wrong account to validate.

If you have Gmail, you can add pluses and use it as if it's a separate email address. For example, if your email is sample_email@gmail.com, you can use email addresses like this for your children's accounts: sample_email+child1@gmail.com or sample_email+child2@gmail.com. They will all come to your regular email inbox, but LDS.org will think they're different email addresses.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lauraloo42

Re: Verification Code

Post by lauraloo42 »

I am running into this same problem. I am trying to help my son set up an account to work on his Duty to God. We just need to put in the verification code and it keeps telling us it's invalid. Clicking on the AUTHORIZE button has the same results. It's only been five minutes since we started registering, so I know it's not because it's been longer than 48 hours.

Return to “Church Account”