Top/Bottom Tools Block View During Page Scrolling

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jthork

Top/Bottom Tools Block View During Page Scrolling

Post by jthork »

When I move up and down through websites, I normally do so with the spacebar (to scroll down) or PgUp/PgDn keys. However, with the online scriptures, the top and bottom toolbars (home, previous, next, notes, bookmarks, etc.), hide the top and bottom lines of each page. I either have to scroll a bit at a time with the arrow keys or mouse, or hide the top/bottom toolbars.

I wish page up/down and spacebar would move the page a few lines less so I didn't have to hide the toolbars. I know this is likely built into the OS and/or browser, but it's an extra step that has always annoyed. Or perhaps allow the user to set a default for the toolbars to be collapsed by default?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Top/Bottom Tools Block View During Page Scrolling

Post by sbradshaw »

Another workaround (though still requiring an extra step) to hide the top and bottom bars is to make the window thinner. when you get to a certain point, the bars hide (to provide a better experience on small-screen mobile devices, but it works on the computer too). The text of the scriptures doesn't get wider than a certain width anyway, so reducing the window width will only slightly affect the width of the content.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”