I don't receive the verification number by text

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
BrianMarkland

I don't receive the verification number by text

Post by BrianMarkland »

I am trying to register my cell phone but I don't receive the verification code. I keep trying the "resend" button but I still do not receive the code. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: I don't receive the verification number by text

Post by russellhltn »

Is SMS/text messaging blocked on your phone?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lvmoore

Post by lvmoore »

Same problem for me. SMS/MMS is fine.
cpettitt

Post by cpettitt »

I am having the same issue. I've tried at least two dozen times to get it to work. I don't receive the verification text from the LDS.ORG site. It is not an issue with my phone not allowing text messages, as my kids text me all day long. :-)
alexszabo

Post by alexszabo »

Doesn't work for me either, never has. Phone gets text from others regularly. Does this function -- getting verification number by text -- work for anybody? Perhaps it's not implemented yet.
angelago

Post by angelago »

russellhltn wrote:Is SMS/text messaging blocked on your phone?
I receive verification codes from other websites by text without an issue, but the LDS.org one is not showing up. I don't have any numbers blocked on my phone and I have unlimited texts, so the only thing I could think was wrong was how I typed my phone number. The page doesn't define whether I need the dashes or some other format for my number so I tried multiple ways of writing the same number. I keep receiving the email that my phone number was changed, but no text. I don't have any other mobile phone to test it on. Brother Russell, what else is there to try?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only thing I have to suggest is to go to ldsaccount help. After you go though the questions, select "Additional Support Options". The church employees who do have the power to help haven't been in the forum since February.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KyleCoulon

Post by KyleCoulon »

Has this been fixed yet? I seem to be having the same issue and this thread is four months old.
lloyd.lee

Post by lloyd.lee »

I cant get this to work either. I can't change my mobile number, since it requires you to input the verification code to change it. Any help out there?
Larry_B

Post by Larry_B »

After email confirmation code, to whom it concerns didn't send the text verification code... I tried severally I didn't get the code. How can i get her with this code, I mean how can it be done...?

Return to “Church Account”