YSA Adviser access to LCR

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lesleewilcox

YSA Adviser access to LCR

Post by lesleewilcox »

I don't know where else to put this. My husband and I were just called as Young Single Adult Advisers in our Ward. We were told in our YSA Committee Meeting last night that we could access a list of our YSAs from the Leader and Clerk Resources. Another newly called adviser (who was still listed as a member of their Ward Relief Society Presidency went to the Leader and Clerk Resources and was able to pull up a list of all the YSA in her ward. When I tried it listed as the YSA Adviser it says we don't have authority and that calling is not listed in the approved callings for access to get that list. It would be very helpful if we could retrieve that information for ourselves without having to go to someone else to get a printed list that we then have to manually maintain in our mobile devices. Is it possible for our Ward website rep to grant us authority to access that information?
eblood66

Re: WardPlan (New software) and data privacy

Post by eblood66 »

lesleewilcox wrote:When I tried it listed as the YSA Adviser it says we don't have authority and that calling is not listed in the approved callings for access to get that list. It would be very helpful if we could retrieve that information for ourselves without having to go to someone else to get a printed list that we then have to manually maintain in our mobile devices. Is it possible for our Ward website rep to grant us authority to access that information?
I'm afraid that rights in LCR are based solely on calling and the only way for a local unit to give someone rights is to give them a calling which provides those rights. YSA advisors do not have any rights in LCR. So the only way to provide those rights is to give you a calling in an organization presidency (which is unlikely to be a reasonable solution).

Your ward clerk can send you a PDF version of the list which you could then load on your phone for reference. But if you want an email list or texting group, you will have to manage that manually.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: YSA Adviser access to LCR

Post by sbradshaw »

eblood66 wrote:So the only way to provide those rights is to give you a calling in an organization presidency
Note that this could include, for example, being called as a Relief Society Assistant Secretary, if your ward doesn't already have someone in that position and your bishopric is OK with it.

Because Young Single Adult Adviser is a standard calling, it sounds reasonable for you to have access to the list of Young Single Adults. You might submit feedback asking for the access policy to be reconsidered. The suggestion can be sent via the feedback link at the bottom right of Leader and Clerk Resources (note that the programmers themselves don't determine policy and you might not hear anything back for a while), or it can be sent up the line to the priesthood department, through the stake president.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”