Time between bishopric and stake presidency recommend interview

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Time between bishopric and stake presidency recommend interview

Post by sbradshaw »

Are there any policies relating to the length of time between a bishopric interview and a stake presidency interview for renewing a temple recommend?

I'm activating temple recommends from tonight's stake interviews in Leader and Clerk Resources and when I put December 2015 (that's the date marked on the recommend by the bishop), it shows a message in yellow that says The Issued Date is more than three months prior to today.

It does let me save the recommend, but I'm wondering if he needs to go through the interview process again or anything like that. I'm assuming if it were a problem policy-wise, it wouldn't let me save the recommend at all? I couldn't find anything in the handbook.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Time between bishopric and stake presidency recommend interview

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:It does let me save the recommend, but I'm wondering if he needs to go through the interview process again or anything like that.
Since you didn't find anything in the Handbook, it's probably a polite way of saying "Are you sure you didn't fat-finger that date?"
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Time between bishopric and stake presidency recommend interview

Post by aebrown »

I've never heard of any policy prohibiting the activation of such a recommend or requiring a new bishopric interview. I did see that message a couple of times when I was a stake clerk, but I assumed it was just a little data check to help avoid data entry errors. Of course the recommend will expire based on the time passed from the bishopric interview, not the stake presidency interview, but I know of no reason why the recommend couldn't be activated. You could always bring the issue to the attention of the stake presidency to see if they choose to request an updated interview (which would certainly be their prerogative).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”