What is being looked at by the broadcasting STS when broadcasting?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

What is being looked at by the broadcasting STS when broadcasting?

Post by rannthal »

I'm trying to get some real world information from users of the system and I'd like to know what is being looked at or watched by the STS that is at the broadcasting site when the event is going. Is the events stats page up somewhere? Is any page in the portal up somewhere? Or are you more focused on the event stream and camera and such?

As for me, I have the broadcast graph up, but I'm more focused on the event stream and cameras or overlays, etc. I only have the broadcast site graph up to ensure we are broadcasting at a certain bitrate.

How about you? What are you watching during an event when you are at the broadcasting site?
harddrive

Re: What is being looked at by the broadcasting STS when broadcasting?

Post by harddrive »

Although I haven't used the webcasting system for my broadcast. I'm looking specifically how the person looks on camera and making sure the the titles come up at the right time. When I run it at my stake conference, I will probably have the stats page up so that I can see the bandwidth the other buildings are using.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

1. Is the broadcast streaming?
2. Are any of the receiving sites texting back that they are having problems.

Our Internet service is basic and slow. We do not take bandwidth away to set up another laptop to watch or measure the broadcast. The unit that tried to do that last Sunday earned a 45-second freeze and buffer for their efforts during the stake president's talk.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

My first focus is the camera image and audio level, then the stats page. (Obviously always monitoring my phone for messages from the receiving site.)
Craig
South Jordan, UT
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

Camera and audio quality first here, then the stats page (mainly if things are quiet or someone is having a problem).
For stats, I look at:
  • Playback Bitrate
    CPU Load%
    CPU Player Load
    Buffering
    FPS Dropped
    FPS Decoded
We have enough bandwidth that I keep a stream going on my laptop so I can make sure it sounds good on the other end.

Aaron Z

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”