General Conference Video not playing

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mjkenning

General Conference Video not playing

Post by mjkenning »

Been re-watching general conference and noticed a strange problem. Watched the first two talks from Saturday morning without a problem. Then on Wednesday, the third talk's video would not play. Tried on two different computers (Windows 10) with Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers (latest version). Also tried on my iPad Air (iOS 9.3.1) in Safari and the same thing happened. Later that day, I tried again and it worked. I watched the next talk last night without a problem, but now (10:30am MT) I cannot watch Elder Duncan's talk.

Another related problem, I cannot click on any of the links on that page (Audio, download, print, share). It seems as if the page's links are blocked or broken. My ISP is Comcast, but I just tried is on my iPhone (Verizon) and it did the same thing, so I don't think it is ISP-related.

Is there something going on with the church's back-end? If so, it would be nice to get a notice instead of just nothing...
paulw

Re: General Conference Video not playing

Post by paulw »

At the bottom of each web page there should be a feedback link. That has worked for me every time I have questions or problems with content. If you leave contact info they'll get back to you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have JavaScript and/or Flash turned off in your browser? That could cause unexpected results in some cases.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's a parallel thread here. When I asked about it, the developers were aware of it and knew how to fix it when it broke. But didn't know why it was breaking.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
steven1

Re: General Conference Sunday afternoon session not playing

Post by steven1 »

Reporting a bug in lds.org. I tried to watch the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference but the only thing that's playing is the world report and various LDS videos. I'm watching it on BYUtv. There must be a bug in the system causing this problem. Please reply.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

steven1 wrote:Please reply.
This is a user-to-user support forum. We can only discuss issues and provide solutions others have found. For official church sites there should be a feedback link at the bottom of the page to submit your report. If not, then use any churchofjesuschrist.org page with a feedback link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

steven1 wrote:Reporting a bug in lds.org. I tried to watch the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference but the only thing that's playing is the world report and various LDS videos. I'm watching it on BYUtv. There must be a bug in the system causing this problem. Please reply.
Did you try refreshing the page? Sometime "live" streams can be paused, and when you resume it starts where you paused, instead of where the live stream currently is.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Main Church Website”