Sabbath Day Training Materials

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
andreweclark

Sabbath Day Training Materials

Post by andreweclark »

Will the Sabbath Day training be posted online so that everyone who needs them may have access?

Thus far, our ward has resorted to handing out the 1.8GB of training materials on 2GB Flash (Thumb) drives. This is a costly way to disseminate information in 2015 with the availability of the internet. I have duplicated and distributed 35 thumb drives to all our ward leadership and instructors because that is the way our Bishop received it from the Stake and Area leadership.

One individual who was out-of-town for the week and preparing a lesson for Sunday could not access the training info on their thumb drive for whatever technical reason and I resorted to placing the training files on my Dropbox account and emailed them access. If this were a talk or a lesson this would not be an issue, but as stated, this is almost 2 gigabytes of information.

What is the confidentiality regarding these training materials?
The Brethren have asked that every member be taught this information but have not provided suggested method for circulation, so we have devised the use use of flash drives and Dropbox.

Is placing them on Dropbox (or other closed file hosting services) discouraged?
The training materials on my Dropbox are ONLY available to those to whom I have emailed a direct link.
drepouille

Re: Sabbath Day Training Materials

Post by drepouille »

We considered using flash drives for each unit in the stake, but I decided to use DVDs as a cheaper alternative. I played around with using the Newsletter, but it doesn't support those file types. The Church could easily post these files in an area on lds.org that is only accessible to leaders.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Sabbath Day Training Materials

Post by sbradshaw »

The Sabbath Day trainings from last year are now online:
https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/ ... 4?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/ ... 0?lang=eng

I'm not sure how long they've been up, but I just learned about them being there today!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”