High Council Matrix program

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
mkmurray

High Council Matrix program

Post by mkmurray »

Please see [thread=234]this thread[/thread] for more information.

Ok, I have finished an application that I wrote in C#. It needs the .NET 2.0 framework on a Windows box.

It is really simple but seems to do the job. It allows you to input a list of speakers and a list of units manually. You can then specify a number of months for the schedule. It builds a matrix from this information. It allows you to load/save the data entered (speakers, wards, num of months) from/to a file.

I plan to add the ability to see just one ward's or one speaker's schedule, rather than the whole matrix. I also plan to add the ability to export the matrix to a CSV file or something to be imported into Excel or Open Office, if desired.

I don't have anywhere to post the code as of yet. You'll hear from me again soon.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

mkmurray wrote:I don't have anywhere to post the code as of yet. You'll hear from me again soon.
Why don't you try ldsoss.org?

Tom
johnpoulson

Thanks !!

Post by johnpoulson »

Thank you for your timely messages and willingness to post the results. I'll watch for a location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Ok I am hosting it on CodePlex, Microsoft's open source hosting site. This is because I have written it in C# and I am mostly familiar with Microsoft tools and programming.

Here is the url to the project page for the High Council Circuit program: http://www.codeplex.com/HCC

It is my first crack at it and I plan on a making a few more improvements, as noted on the front page of the site. Enjoy!
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Ok, I have added the ability to see the whole matrix, or just a speaker's or a unit's schedule. The code is checked into CodePlex, but is not released in any build yet.

That leaves just the export to a CSV file for importing into a spreadsheet application (Excel, Open Office, etc.). I should have that done sometime soon.

Please feel free to go to the project on CodePlex, download the v1.0.0.0 beta release, and try it out. Provide feedback! Thanks.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Version 1.1.0.0 Beta is released now.

It includes all of the features I had originally planned and a bug fix I found.

Please download it, give it a try, offer suggestions, report bugs, join the project.

http://www.codeplex.com/HCC
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mkmurray wrote:Version 1.1.0.0 Beta is released now.

It includes all of the features I had originally planned and a bug fix I found.

Please download it, give it a try, offer suggestions, report bugs, join the project.

http://www.codeplex.com/HCC
Well, it appears that the project was inactive too long and CodePlex deleted my project. Please email me if you want a copy of the executible. I'll see if I can get it hosted again somewhere.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

mkmurray wrote:Well, it appears that the project was inactive too long and CodePlex deleted my project. Please email me if you want a copy of the executible. I'll see if I can get it hosted again somewhere.
You may want to look at google code (code.google.com).

Tom
Eric Werny-p40

Code

Post by Eric Werny-p40 »

Rmember GWBasic Those were the fun days

TRSDOS lives :)
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

Eric Werny wrote:Rmember GWBasic Those were the fun days

TRSDOS lives :)
I actually preferred LDOS. I had Newdos too, but it grew too bizarre toward the end of it's life. LDOS grew up to be the last of the TRSDOS series.

I actually wrote commercial programs (in assembler) for the LDOS system that were later incorporated. One was the help system the other a disk verifier. They are still on the web today I think, just no support for them. :D
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”