Changing HT District Supervisors

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Changing HT District Supervisors

Post by zaneclark »

I have searched the forum, but cannot find how to change a district supervisor. I did find an answer, but it doesn't seem to work. I am using the edit under Callings by Organization, but when I try to add a supervisor, the name cannot be found. I have double checked their names in the HP list and they are listed so this isn't the problem. Any answers?
zaneclark

Re: Changing HT District Supervisors

Post by zaneclark »

I had an idea after I posted this so I tried it.... If a HP has another calling anywhere in the ward, his name can be selected. If he does not, his name will not show. So I guess I can give them another calling elsewhere, and then select them as a supervisor, but that doesn't seem very practical....:-)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to add someone to the district supervisor calling from their member profile page?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Is the member in question actually an ordained high priest? If he is not an ordained high priest, he won't show up on the list of candidates for district supervisor in the high priests group.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Yes...definitely HP....
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Where is the correct place to make this change, or is it possible to make the change in different screens? I have tried Callings by Organizations, High Priests, and Member Profile... None worked, except when I added it as a custom calling, which won't allow the supervisors the access they need.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Step 1: Record the member's calling as a district supervisor. This is done by selecting the appropriate organization from the LCR Organizations menu and then adding the members calling in the Home Teaching District Supervisors group.
Step 2: Assign the member as the district supervisor for a home teaching district. This is done by going to the Companionships tab in the home teaching application and clicking the Edit Districts button at the top right of the page.

The same steps apply for visiting teaching district supervisors.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Solved my own problem, as I often do, but this time I feel really stupid... I finally decided to check out the priesthood of the 2 men and discovered they are both Elders... They are both older and have been in the HP group long enough that I assumed they were HP.... :(
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am ready to give up on this one.... I THOUGHT I had it figured out but now I found the one of the HP district supervisors who has been in that assignment for several months is an Elder...Didnt know that was possible.... So back to the drawing board..... :shock:
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

zaneclark wrote:... one of the HP district supervisors who has been in that assignment for several months is an Elder...
He was put in that position using MLS. MLS didn't enforce the priesthood requirement. Based on the sustained date, I would call that more than several months! :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”