Will not recognize my account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
robertaherget

Will not recognize my account

Post by robertaherget »

Hi I am a member of the church but I've never had an account on the Church website. I obtained my membership number from the Ward Clerk and tried to set up an account. It told me that my username was not recognized. The church website sent me an email with my username which I entered trying to set up a new account and it just kept saying that the username was not recognized so I tried setting up a new username and it won't allow me to do that either. Is there a number where I can speak with a live person?
Thanks
Roberta Raye Herget
Last edited by scgallafent on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove personal information
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Will not recognize my account

Post by russellhltn »

It appears you have successfully created an account, or you wouldn't have been able to post here.

A couple of things that might be left undone - adding your MRN to the account. (Which you will not be able to do if it's in use anywhere else. In that case, use the MRN and birthday to recover the name of that account and then to reset the password.)

Another issue, to use certain things you must have a verified email address. That involves responding as directed to a email you receive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Will not recognize my account

Post by scgallafent »

I removed your email address and phone number from your post. This is a public forum, so that information was visible to everyone.

As russellhltn said, you've managed to create an account because you are able to post here. You can check to see if it is connected to your membership record by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/membership.

Return to “Church Account”