Automatic Sign in

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tbyrne3949

Automatic Sign in

Post by tbyrne3949 »

How can I stop automatic sign in to my account?
eblood66

Re: Automatic Sign in

Post by eblood66 »

I'm not aware of any automatic sign in for the web-base tools. If your are signed in to lds.org on one tab/window of a browser then that sign-in will be used for other tabs. But as soon as you close the browser you'll have to sign in explicitly again to access any of the tools.

In Gospel Library there should be a function to Sign Out probably under Settings (at least it is in the Android version). In LDS Tools there should be a similar sign out option probably under Settings again but LDS Tools isn't very useful without being signed in.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tbyrne3949 wrote:How can I stop automatic sign in to my account?
Some browsers have a setting that autofills the sign in information. You may have that setting turned on on your browser.

In Firefox, for example, it it found under Tools > Options > Security, where under Logins there is an option to Remember logins for sites. The box should not be checked, or if you do prefer to have it checked for other sites, go to the exceptions link at the right and include LDS.org so that one will not automatically fill.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

tbyrne3949 wrote:How can I stop automatic sign in to my account?
When I was stake clerk and STS, I dropped in to inspect a ward admin computer. When I started Chrome and went to lds.org, I found that the bishop's username and password had been stored by Chrome, so I suddenly had access to the bishop's account. I immediately cleared all stored passwords from all browsers, and set each browser to no longer ask or store passwords. Then I marched out and told the bishop and the ward clerk about it. They looked rather sheepish.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Church Account”