No missionary list when donating via "other ward"

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
John_Reinhard

No missionary list when donating via "other ward"

Post by John_Reinhard »

In preparation to give my mom instruction on how to donate to our daughters mission via the online form, I followed the instructions in the help site and clicking the Missionary in Other Ward or Branch link I entered our ward number; at that point the only option is ward missionary fund. Are individual missionaries supposed to show up when contributing via Missionary in Other Ward or Branch-- like they do if I donate to a missionary in my ward?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No missionary list when donating via "other ward"

Post by russellhltn »

John_Reinhard wrote:Are individual missionaries supposed to show up when contributing via Missionary in Other Ward or Branch-- like they do if I donate to a missionary in my ward?
Yes. Does your daughter show up when you go to donate? The sub-account may not show up until they're actually in the MTC or on their mission.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

John_Reinhard wrote:In preparation to give my mom instruction on how to donate to our daughters mission via the online form, I followed the instructions in the help site and clicking the Missionary in Other Ward or Branch link I entered our ward number; at that point the only option is ward missionary fund. Are individual missionaries supposed to show up when contributing via Missionary in Other Ward or Branch-- like they do if I donate to a missionary in my ward?
If you check the regular dropdown under Ward Missionary and your daughter is there, then those who are in other units will see her name when they enter your unit number from outside of your ward. As russellhltn said, her name will normally show up fairly close to the time she enters the MTC.

If you are not yet seeing her name, no one else will see her, either.
John_Reinhard

Post by John_Reinhard »

Thanks for the replies. It turns out that I wasn't seeing the missionaries in the drop down menu because I entering the stake number by mistake instead of the ward number.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

John_Reinhard wrote:Thanks for the replies. It turns out that I wasn't seeing the missionaries in the drop down menu because I entering the stake number by mistake instead of the ward number.
I am glad you got that figured out. Yes, you definitely want to be using the ward/branch unit number instead of the stake/district.
krmiskin

Post by krmiskin »

How do I find the ward number for a ward outside my stake?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

krmiskin wrote:How do I find the ward number for a ward outside my stake?
You can call up that ward and ask them. Or you can ask your clerk to look it up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

krmiskin wrote:How do I find the ward number for a ward outside my stake?
You can use the "Meetinghouse Locator". Once you find the unit using Meetinghouse Locator and it is selected look in the URL (the browser address). The end of the URL will look like "&id=ward:XXXXXXX". The Xs represent the unit ID number. There may be as few as five and as many as seven digits.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”