Trouble with 2016 General Conference download link

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
Oread13

Trouble with 2016 General Conference download link

Post by Oread13 »

I am having trouble downloading the conference videos and talks and music.. I was able to download the general women's and the Sat am sessions both in the audio and video, and the Sat pm in the video...but now when I click on the 3 dots like I did to previously bring up the download menu nothing happens.... :cry:
farrahkgarcia

Re: Trouble with 2016 General Conference download link

Post by farrahkgarcia »

This is happening with me, too! I used to be able to watch/rewatch conference, but since the recent website change I press the play button and... nothing. I press the download button and... nothing. I have tried different browsers, updated flash player, made sure cookies aren’t blocked. Nothing is working! I do not like watching on Youtube because sometimes inappropriate stuff/commercials pop up. Please help!! I want to watch conference!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What page are you using?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
farrahkgarcia

Post by farrahkgarcia »

It’s working now!! :)
UtahJohn22

Post by UtahJohn22 »

Can anyone tell me how to get the page for April 2016 to show me which languages I can download the full session in? (I need Croatian (or Serbian) and would like German.) English is the only one I can seem to get. I actually don't even know how to change the conference page to another language since the (awful) re-design. I have just clicked on the language changing option in the upper-right corner of the screen and got the old-style page for German, which seems to work. It seems that there's kind of a work-around: go to the October 2015 conference site in English, then change the language to Croatian, then, once the Croatian October 2015 page loads, there's a drop-down menu you can change to April 2016. Wow. What a massive pain. Someday, all the pages will just have the same URLs except for the language code, and navigating the Church's web site will actually be a doable thing. Until then, this mess of a work-around that my wife discovered will have to work for us. :-(
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
UtahJohn22

Post by UtahJohn22 »

Thank you for your time and help!

(Still, it's a work-around, and I wish we were dealing with a well-designed web site that didn't have these problems.)
LiviAnn

Post by LiviAnn »

I can't get any of the links to work on the conference page. :(

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”