Home Teaching Percentages

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lmisner

Home Teaching Percentages

Post by lmisner »

I am not sure how the web site is calculating monthly home teaching percentages. I am the High Priest Group leader who has members who have not completed home teaching in the month of June, yet the percent is 100%. Boxes are clearly unchecked for June. Also shows 100% for April and May, but we were only in the upper 80% range for those months. Looks like I will need to create an excel spreadsheet to calculate my own percentage to get the real number.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Home Teaching Percentages

Post by kisaac »

lmisner wrote:I am not sure how the web site is calculating monthly home teaching percentages.
I'm not sure WHERE it is calculating them for you :confused: and that may be the first step in looking into your issue.

Is it in the LCR Home teaching app, OVERVIEW tab, STATISTICS BY MONTH lines, or some other report or location on the website?
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

I am viewing this in the new LCR Home Teaching App in the Overview tab. As I look at this further today it seems the issue may be that the denominator under the View Totals button remains static. The number does not change based on the number of families assigned. In my case I have 118 families, but the denominator remains at 49. I would think that number should change as we assign more families to a companionship to get the proper calculation. Right now, once we visit 49 families we are at 100%. So, if I have all my families assigned shouldn't the denominator be 118 instead of 49? Maybe I am missing something here.

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

100% Home teaching? That does sound like a bug. ;)

I would not expect the denominator to change with the number of families assigned, but with the number of families in the ward. In the old MLS system, you were not responsible for a family that moved-in mid-month. Since the system just started up this month, this might be a start-up bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

Yes, I got a chuckle out of 100% home teaching too. We will keep an eye on this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The response I got back was this is a known problem and will be taken care of "soon".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

Thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Perhaps the 49 is the number of households assigned to the high priests group for home teaching, ignoring those assigned to the elders quorum?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

I'm searching the forum threads for this topic. I see this one is over a year old but I haven't seen a newer one. Is this still an issue? I'm currently having the problem discussed here. Is this still a known problem with LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are any of the homes not visited assigned to a companionship?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”